Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Recommendations



Monday is one of the most hated days of the week. Whether you have to return to work or school, Mondays are terrible. To lighten this dreaded day of the week, I thought I would share some of my favorite books that make me happy enough to conquer any Monday.





The Arcana Chronicles is a Young Adult post-apocalyptic series with a unique addition of Arcana cards. The series is a one-of-a-kind gem that is highly underrated. It is one of the most underrated series I have read. I have met few individuals that have read the series, but those who have read the series have loved the series as unconditionally as I do. 


The Arcana Chronicles is Kresley Cole's only Young Adult series, but I need more books written by her. She has numerous Adult books and series, but I have yet to read any of those. Even though her Arcana Chronicles was not extremely popular, I hope she is not discouraged from writing future Young Adult books. She has an amazing talent that I would love to see explore more Young Adult genres.

While I deeply love the third novel in the Arcana Chronicles, Dead of Winter, the second novel, Endless Knight, is my absolute favorite. I adore the interactions between the characters as well as the extension of the world and the characters' backstories in Endless Knight

I cannot stop smiling when I think about my favorite characters from the series. I cannot fathom how much I love this series and how much it breaks my heart knowing that not many people know about or appreciate this series. If you ever take any recommendation of a Young Adult series to read, I really hope it is the Arcana Chronicles. The series deserves more love, it is truly one-of-a-kind.








The Shatter Me trilogy is one of my absolute favorite Young Adult trilogies. I was beyond excited when it was recently announced that there will be three new sequels to the trilogy. I cannot wait to be reconnected with my favorite characters. I have missed Juliette, Warner, Kenji, and the rest of the crew dearly since the release on Ignite Me in 2014. 

I am petrified that my dearly beloved characters are now at the mercy of Tahereh once more: however, these are her children as well, so any harm that comes to them will hurt her the same, if not more than me. No matter what happens to them, I am excited and ready to face it. 

Long before the announcement of the new additions to the trilogy, I would constantly revisit my favorite passages of Unravel Me and the entirety of Ignite Me. I love revisiting the growth of the characters as well as all the shocking revelations and tender moments between the characters. The relationship between the characters, two of them in particular, warms my heart and always leaves me wanting more. I just hope I can handle everything that will be thrown at these characters in the near future.







Cora Carmack is one of my favorite New Adult authors. She has written three New Adult series, two of which are based in contemporary settings, and the third is based in a paranormal/mythology setting. 

My favorite New Adult series by Cora is her Rusk University series. All Played Out, the third novel in the Rusk University series, is my favorite of the series and my favorite book by Cora. The Rusk University series follows football players at Rusk University as they navigate their lives and their love-lives. All Played Out follows Nell, a character extremely similar to myself, and her Rusk sweetie, Mateo. They are each others missing half and their love makes my heart happy.

I am excited for the upcoming fourth novel in the Rusk University series, All Closed Off, which is expected to be released in July. Cora also has her first Young Adult novel, Roar, the first novel in an epic Young Adult fantasy series, releasing on June 13th. Cora Carmack is an amazing Young Adult and New Adult author and all her books are must-reads.






The Deal is the first book in the four-book New Adult Off-Campus series. The Off-Campus series is a New Adult companion series that follows four male Hockey players at Briar University as they find love. I have yet to read the fourth and final book in the series, but The Deal is by far my favorite of the three I have read. 

Whenever I initially started The Deal, I was worried I would not enjoy it as much as I thought I would. However, after a few chapters, I was hooked and in love. I absolutely love the romance and banter between the love interests, Hannah and Garrett. They both make my heart melt and I am constantly rereading my favorite scenes between them. 

The Deal is perfect for individuals that have sworn off New Adult books because they are full of tropes and are extremely stereotypical. The Deal is truly refreshing. I cannot express how much I love The Deal

For a limited time you can order the original Ab covers of the Off-Campus series. If you are a long-time fan looking to complete your collection or are a new fan who wants the old covers, you have until the end of May to get your orders in. If you live in the U.S., you can order yours here. If you are located in Canada or Internationally, you can use that same link to get to Elle Kennedy's website then go under her purchase tab and choose the correct form.




Those are the five books that I love to revisit when I am down or need a pick-me-up. I am struggling to get through the remaining weeks of school, so these books will most definitely be in my thoughts throughout the day. Let me know in the comments what books you turn to when you are feeling down or need a helping hand. Also, let me know if you have read any of the books I mentioned and what you think of them. 

No matter where you are going today or what you are doing, I wish you a fantastic Monday! 








No comments:

Post a Comment